Welcome to the Benefits Department
Cherry Creek School District values you and the important role you play in supporting the children, the community and our district. We are proud to provide a generous benefits package that rewards our employees. By providing an excellent benefits package, we are committed to retaining our employees. As a Cherry Creek School District employee, your benefits are a valuable part of your total compensation. If you have questions or need assistance please contact the Benefits Office.
Employee Benefit Guide and Rates
For information on each of the plans offered, click on the links below for details.
Comprehensive and preventive healthcare coverage is important in protecting you and your family from the financial risks of unexpected illness and injury, which provides peace of mind. A little prevention usually goes a long way, especially in healthcare. Routine exams and regular preventive care provide an inexpensive review of your health. Small problems can potentially develop into large expenses. By identifying the problems early, often they can be treated at little cost. In case of an illness or injury, you and your family are covered with excellent medical plan options available through Cherry Creek Schools.
Cherry Creek Schools offers you a choice of four medical plans:
- Kaiser DHMO 2500
- HDHP 6000 (HSA qualified)
With the DHMO plans and the high deductible plan, you must select a medical group and primary care physician (PCP) in the Kaiser Permanente Network although you may receive services without selecting a PCP. Women may select an additional Woman's Principal Healthcare Provider (WPHCP) with a referral arrangement from their PCP. With the DHMO plans, all care must be provided by your PCP, WPHCP or Kaiser medical group.
To compare each plan click here: Kaiser Plan Comparison Chart
Delta Dental of Colorado
Keep your teeth healthy and your smile bright with the Cherry Creek School District's three different benefit plan options. This comparison chart provides a summary for each dental plan Delta Dental Plan Comparison
Delta Preferred Plan (PPO)
The PPO plan is Delta Dental's preferred option program. With Delta Dental PPO, you have access to a network of dentists who accept reduced fees for covered services, giving you the lowest out-of-pocket costs. Delta Dental Preferred Dentists can be found online at www.deltadentalco.com.
Delta Exclusive Provider Plan (EPO)
The Exclusive Provider Plan (EPO) stresses preventive care and requires specific copayments for most dental services. You must obtain all dental care from a Delta Preferred dentist (PPO). Delta Preferred dentists can be found on line at www.deltadentalco.com. There is no out-of-network benefit, if you enroll in this plan and use an out of network dentist, you are responsible for the full cost.
24 Hour Flex
A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) offers you an easy way to reduce your taxes. Money withheld for an FSA is not subject to Federal and State income taxes and Social Security Tax. When you participate in an FSA, you are only taxed on the income left over after you have paid certain out-of-pocket healthcare and daycare expenses. An FSA provides valuable benefits and tax savings since many of your normal expenses can be paid with pre-tax money! You and your dependents do not need to be enrolled in Cherry Creek School District's medical, dental, or vision insurance plans to utilize an FSA. You can use these monies with your spouse's insurance plans or Medicare.
24 Hour Flex offers two separate Flexible Spending Accounts - one for medical expenses and one for dependent childcare and/or elder care expenses. You can enroll in one or both FSA's depending on your family's needs, but you must use each account separately.
- Medical Spending Account Limit: $2,700 per family per calendar year.
- Dependent Care Spending Account Limit: $5,000 per individual or joint tax return or $2,500 per calendar year for an individual who is married and filing a separate tax return. NOTE: Both spouses cannot select more than $2500 for a combined $5000 per household.
For more information view the 24 Hour Flex Guide for details.
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is an individually-owned, tax-advantaged account that you can use to pay for current or future IRS-qualified medical expenses. With an HSA, you'll have the potential to build more savings for healthcare expenses or additional retirement savings through self-directed investment options.
How an HSA works:
- You can contribute to your HSA via payroll deduction, online banking transfer, or by sending a personal check to HSA Bank. Your employer or third parties, such as a spouse or parent, may contribute to your account as well.
- You can pay for qualified medical expenses with your Health Benefits Debit Card directly to your medical provider or pay out-of-pocket. You can either choose to reimburse yourself or keep the funds in your HSA to grow your savings.
- Unused funds will roll over year to year. After age 65, funds can be withdrawn for any purpose without penalty (subject to ordinary income taxes).
- Check balances and account information via HSA Bank's Member Website or mobile device 24/7. Are you eligible for an HSA?
If you have a qualified High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) - either through your employer, through your spouse, or one you've purchased on your own - chances are you can open an HSA. Additionally:
- You cannot be covered by any other non-HSA-compatible health plan, including Medicare Parts A and B.
- You cannot be covered by TriCare.
- You cannot be claimed as a dependent on another person's tax return (unless it's your spouse).
- You must be covered by the qualified HDHP on the first day of the month.
For more information on HSA Bank you can view their HSA Bank Information Form
Lincoln Financial Group
Long Term Disability
Cherry Creek School District offers long term disability coverage and an extensive Employee Assistance Program to its employees. Long term disability coverage is an important benefit that offers an employee income protection of up to 60% of their base salary. Cherry Creek School District provides this coverage to benefit-eligible employees at no cost through Lincoln Financial Group.
Employee Assistance Program
The District's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential counseling and work-life service provided to all Cherry Creek School District employees and any family member within their immediate household. Lincoln Financial Group partners with ComPsych to offer confidential guidance and resources for you or and any immediate household family members. The Employee Assistance Program services include:
- In-person help with short-term issues; up to four sessions per person, per issue, per year
- Toll-free phone and web access 24/7
- Unlimited phone access to legal and financial and work-life services
- A 25% discount on in-person consultations with a network of lawyers
- Financial consultations and referrals
- Work/life services for assistance with child care, finding movers, kennels and pet care, vacation planning and more
Click here for information: EAP Program
Unum Life Insurance
Cherry Creek School District provides all benefit eligible employees with a life insurance and AD&D policy (Accidental Death & Dismemberment) policy on the date your benefit begin. Enrollment is automatic and premium costs are paid entirely by Cherry Creek School District. All benefit eligible Classified employees receive $50,000 for the first three years of employment. After three years of consecutive employment, the policy increases to $60,000. All benefit eligible licensed, mental health and nurse employees receive $50,000 for the first three years and $75,000 after three consecutive years of employment.
You also have the option to purchase voluntary life insurance to supplement your family's needs. You want to make sure your family is taken care of, but you never know what the future holds. Voluntary Life insurance can help your loved ones with financial obligations in the case of your death. If you pass away, Unum Life Insurance can help your loved ones cover family expenses, such as funeral costs, day-to-day expenses and bills.
For information on the rates for voluntary life insurance you can view our Life Insurance Rates Summary
Vision Service Plan (VSP)
Cherry Creek School District offers a robust vision plan from Vision Service Plan (VSP). Regular eye exams not only determine your need for corrective eyewear, but may also detect general health problems in their earliest stages. Protection for the eyes should be a major concern to everyone.
To view your coverage, check out the VSP Cherry Creek Summary